Saturday we went to see the local production of
Matilda, the Musical. Evie loves this book and listens to it almost every night to go to bed (I don't know why because I would find it too creepy), and she really enjoyed the production. She wanted to get to play Matilda next time. Here is her impression of Matilda trying to move things with her mind:
Evie had Zoo Camp this week and has taught me a lot about the different water animals she's been learning about. Of course, she made a good friends there and wanted to make matching necklaces for her and her friend. Fortunately Granna is an expert beader and was able to help Evie with this, because I am a dismal failure at tying off jewelry. Granna also got a new car this week an Evie wanted to check it out. She was pleased that she fits in the trunk.

This week I had session meeting on Monday (session is the group of Elders in our church who help make decisions about various things). My committee is the Christian Education Committee and I also am the second chair on the Congregational Life Committee, so I oversee things like Sunday School, children's group meetings, Fall Festival, Breakfast with Santa, etc. I was telling Evie that she would be staying at Granna's house Monday and when she asked why I told her because I am going to session and that I wanted her opinion on whether I should continue to serve a second three-year term. I told her that if I didn't, I would have a little more time with her instead of being so busy with church. She said, "But you're the one who plans all the fun stuff for us, like Fall Festival, and we get to do that together, so really, we come out ahead if you stay on." What a smart girl!
She also told me something super sweet this week. I was telling her about a patient who I was able to help get back to eating by mouth after not eating since November. She leaned over and gave me a big hug and said, "Mama, I think you can do just about anything, can't you?"
I love this girl so much! One night this week she fell asleep on my shoulder while I was reading to her and I stayed there for an extra 10 minutes just to watch her.
No comments:
Post a Comment