Wednesday, March 27, 2019

What is BLANK best meat?

Our week has revolved almost entirely around getting Edison settled in.  He is doing well with all of us and Evie is completely smitten.  She often shortens his name to Eda, which I find strange, but she likes it so I don't say anything.





Of course, we had our usual Tuesday night dinner with Granna and Grannadaddy.  I love this weekly tradition we started when we moved here.  We often spend a portion of dinner with my dad asking us the trivia questions from his Monday night trivia contests and Evie likes to participate when she can.  She has recently taken to creating her own questions for us to try to answer.  This week, one of her questions was worded, "What is BLANK best meat?"  We were all stumped by this, so Seth guessed "the"?  I laughed so hard I couldn't stop.  Her follow up question was "What is the second move of what?"  Seth had a snappy comeback for that one too, but I don't remember it.


My mom taught Sunday School this week and she sent me this story about Evie and Nathaniel's pretend game:

After the lesson on Sunday, Nathaniel and Evie were playing in the kitchen and dress up area.  Nathaniel put on one of the helmets and said he was going to work and his work was war.  He had to go fight.  Evie said, "I don't want you to be hurt."  Nathan's reply was, " I won't get hurt; well maybe I will get a little hurt since it is a war."  Evie said, "I know you have to fight the Germans, but I want you to come back."  Nathan said, "I will. I may get hurt a little, but I will come back."

So off he went to war, using as his weapon the double spatula from the kitchen to pinch the enemy, or maybe shoot them with a blast from it. He had his cell phone and talked to his mother telling her he was busy. (I am not sure if this was supposed to be Evie he was talking to or Cristal, or a made-up mother.) 

After a few minutes, Evie called him and said to tell his boss in the army he needed to come back home.  His sister had a baby and left it with them. So Nathaniel went home, "attacking" whoever he encountered on the way.  Evie said, "You stay with the babies. I am going to war in your place.  I know girls don't join the army but you need to stay here while I fight." She got a dress from the dress-up bin and was slinging it around zapping whoever got in her way. 

Then Evie needed to use the bathroom so that ended the game. I am sure they were victorious.

This may not be the best game for Sunday School, but I just had to see where they were going with it.

What would we do without children to make us laugh?  I got to have lunch with Evie at school this week and the rest of her class was eating in her teacher, Ms. Gray's room (I wasn't clear on exactly why), but Evie told Ms. Gray she wanted to eat with me in the cafeteria so we had a table all to ourselves and got to visit.  I love getting to spend time with this girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment