Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Parent Teacher Conference and Fall Cookies

Friday was our first parent/teacher conference at Evie's new school.  My dad picked Evie up since students are not allowed to attend these conferences, and Seth actually took time off of work to come, which I appreciate so much.  Her teacher had glowing things to say about her, and in particular mentioned that Evie is very theatrical.  She said the other kids' stories are presented in a bit of a boring way, but Evie knows how to capture the audience's attention.  I told her she comes by that naturally.

Then we met up with my parents and Evie at the Tigers game. Evie was super excited about it, as you can tell from this picture.


While at the game, she needed to go to the restroom, so I took her, and as we were walking out of the little alcove that led to our section of seats, three 10-13-year-old boys came jogging past.  They weren't close enough to run into her, but she looked back at me and gave an exasperated sigh and said, "Teenagers...." and rolled her eyes.

Sunday, I got an itch to use our new fall cookie cutters so I made some pumpkin cut cookie dough and some molasses cut cookie dough and Evie helped to cut them out.  For some reason, she did this while wearing the superhero gear from the Superhero Party they had at school on Friday.


Evie also specifically requested to make a cookie in the shape of her hand, so here is her to-scale hand cookie:

No comments:

Post a Comment