Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Mouse Again

The conversations Evie and Seth have just crack me up some times and I have to share this picture from one of our dinner dates.  Seth is trying to explain something to Evie (I don't remember what) and she is clearly unimpressed with his explanation.  In her defense, I think he was purposefully making things up.


Evie had a costume fitting for her dance company's production of The Nutcracker.  She was a little disappointed to find out that she'd be a Wee Mouse again this year.  She enjoyed it last year, but she was hoping to do something else.  We talked about how she'll be a great mouse again because she already knows the part, but I understand her disappointment.


Over the weekend, Evie decided to learn chess.  Seth was trying to teach her some intricate strategy, and I think she did really well for a first timer.



She cracked me up after this game was over because she was going on about how soon it was going to be fall and told Seth and me, "Remember, if the mole sees his shadow, summer will be over, but if he doesn't, then winter will keep going."  I was amused on multiple levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment