Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week Away from my Girl

I have spent 5 of the last 7 days away from Evie, having been in NYC to see my friend Annalisa.  I missed my girl!  She and Daddy got along all right without me, and Granna and Kathy helped out too.  Evie had a good time spending the night at Kathy's house on Saturday night, and getting a hug from her on Sunday afternoon after 5 days away felt amazing.

This, of course, means that I don't have much to update on the blog today.  We talked every day, but I didn't get a full report on each day's activities.  Sunday night we just enjoyed being reunited and yesterday and today it was back to business with work and taking Evie to summer camp each day.

Before I left I got pictures from her birthday photo shoot, so I'll share those.











1 comment:

  1. On Tuesday, June 20, Evie stayed with me while her Daddy went to a movie with a friend. We enjoyed playing Guess Who for a while, and she finished painting her rock (begun while Addie and Will were here). We watched some On Demand cartoons on my bed because the tv in the living room wasn't cooperating. I enjoyed hearing her explain what was happening on the shows, and how she and her friends played the characters of PJ Masks. On Wednesday, I packed up the food you had left in our refrigerator and drove over in your car to your house. Evie was so excited to see me that she couldn't/wouldn't finish her supper, which made me happy about the excitement but sad about the not eating. She wanted me to play at her house, but since it was about 8:00, she and her dad needed to bring me home so that she could get back home and ready for bed. So I had mixed feelings about that too! She was sleepy on the way to my house, and I hope she was able to get home and get ready for bed without falling asleep on the way and messing up her sleep. Such a sweet girl! Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I saw her last, and I will be happy to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete