They're an all drum band
Evie very much enjoyed having her cousins around and really wants us all to live in the same place. I think that would be great too.
I have to share some amusing exchanges we had with Evie this week:
- Evie loves the Disney movie The Lion King and she has a funny case of misunderstood lyrics when it comes to Scar's song "Be Prepared". She was singing that song for Seth and me and when she came to the chorus, she sang, "Petrie Pan!" instead of "Be prepared!" Seth joked that it was like Peter Pan meets Robert Petri (Dick van Dyke's character from the Dick van Dyke show - only his last name is pronounced pet-tree, but it's often humorously butchered by strangers as pee-tree).
- As Evie was lamenting the fact that Siouxsie wasn't playing with her the way she wanted her to and was taking up a lot of my time and attention, I was telling her that it seems like she doesn't really want a brother or sister (she's been asking for one and we keep telling her she has it pretty good right now). I was telling her that since she doesn't have a sibling, she can do more or less whatever she wants, go on longer trips, do more extracurricular activities, etc.. I said, "So you see, by being an only child, you get everything you want, right?" She replied, "Yeah.... except a baby brother or sister." True 'nuff.
- Evie and I were riding home from church with Grannadaddy and she started to fall asleep in the car. Grannadaddy asked her if she was falling asleep. She said, "No.... I'm just blinking."
Evie also impressed me with her memory this week. She was asking me the order of birthdays for people in our family. I started with Grandma Jeanne's birthday in January and made my way through the family birthdays to April. I said Daddy's birthday on April 2nd, Will's on April 5th, then Siouxsie's on April 13 and she stopped me and said I had missed someone. I asked her who and she said, "Um.... I can't think of his name, but Grannadaddy's brother." That's particularly amazing because she never met my uncle David who died when she was 2, and I just mentioned to her in passing on April 10th that it was my uncle David's birthday. She remembered that two months later...


No comments:
Post a Comment