Monday, March 20, 2017

Back to Routine

This past week we have been getting Evie back into her normal routine of school and gymnastics.  She also started her two theatre classes on Saturday, one that is similar to the last one she did where the students act out the story from a children's book, and the other is musical theatre using "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.

Funnily enough, the new live-action Beauty and the Beast just came out, so Seth and I surprised Evie with a trip to the movies after theatre class.  Evie wore her Belle costume that Aunt Jill sent her for Hanukkah and she was absolutely darling in it.  She did well with the movie and was only scared in two places which is better than I thought she would do.  She asked me to cover her eyes during the scary parts and she was also able to be distracted by popcorn and a slushie.  But she didn't cry out or yell when the wolves attacked the beast, just leaned over and said, "Mama, I'm scared," like we told her to.  Going to movies is one of my favorite things and Evie seems to love it as much as I do.


Our week was fairly uneventful otherwise, and its nice to have those sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment