This past Tuesday, Tia was in town and she came with me to pick Evie up from gymnastics and we spent the evening together. It was such a treat! We went to my aunt and uncle's house and made dinner together and then Tia had the brilliant idea of making smores, so Evie had smores for the first time. She thoroughly enjoyed them.
At one point, my uncle Rickie had asked Evie to tell him something (I can't remember what), and her response was, "I cannot tell you.... because I need some time with Boston," and then she scampered off to play with Tia's dog Boston.
Yesterday was SouperBowl of Caring at our church where we collect donations to send to a food pantry/soup kitchen. The kids stand at the sanctuary entrances to collect the money or canned food in a large soup pot, and Evie had a good time with her friends holding the pot and telling each passerby, "Do you have any money to help people?"
Yesterday evening we went to Jason and April's house where Evie played with Ivy who is about a year and a half younger than her. Evie is a fairly reserved kid, a fact that I don't realize until I'm around other kids about her age and I see how rambunctious they can be. At a couple of points, Evie was a little overwhelmed by Ivy's closeness to her personal space, but she handled it gracefully and politely asked Ivy to give her some space. The girls had a good time playing together and Evie also enjoyed interacting with Corwin, Ivy's 4-month-old brother. At this dinner, I realized through conversation with Jason about his experience at a recent daddy/daughter dance that our kids' generation will probably be playing "Let It Go" at their proms.



No comments:
Post a Comment