Seth and Evie rode an elephant, Evie's first time to do that.
Sunday evening, it was so pleasant outside that Evie was able to go for a bike ride. She rode around the block, but stopped often to talk to people who were outside or pick up various treasures (i.e., rocks and leaves). At one point she said to me, "Mama! There's so much to see!" which made me a little verklempt. It's true. The world is such a wonder at 4 years old.
Sunday night, when I was putting her to bed, she wanted to take some selfies and I indulged her.
Other sweet/funny moments from this week:
- She woke up last Wednesday and reported, "Mama! I had a good dream. It was about hearing Grannadaddy's voice!" How sweet that she feels so much affection for my dad that just dreaming about his voice makes that dream good.
- Singing along to a song from "A Chipmunk Adventure" (a 1980s or 90s cartoon about the Chipmunks that my cousin Daniel and I used to watch all the time and I have since introduced to Evie), Evie changes the lyrics from "A friend and companion I can always depend on" to "A friend and banana I can always outstand ya".
- At the vet, I notice that they have Edgar's birthday wrong on his paperwork. Evie looks at Edgar consolingly and says, "Oh,.... They got your birthday wrong, Edgar," like she's breaking some tough news.
- I was doing speech to text to create a text message to someone and spoke my punctuation. After I finish the text, Evie says, "Mama? Can I talk to comma?"
- Getting ready for bed Sunday night, I tell Evie to put her pj's on and I go fold the laundry. When I come back, she is still standing in front of the full length bathroom mirror, holding her nightgown around her like a skirt and talking to herself. I say, "Evie...... put your pj's on." She says exasperatedly, "Mama! I'm acting out my show!" ".........fair enough", I said. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, after all.





No comments:
Post a Comment