This week was pretty much business as usual with school and church. On Saturday we met up with one of Evie's classmates, Sasha. The girls enjoyed playing together in Sasha's room, and then we went to go see an art exhibit of enormous blow-up bunnies. The girls ran around these huge creatures, hugging them, rolling on them, hiding behind them, eating their little carrot sticks next to them, and offering the bunnies a bite.
Evie's been taking a theatre class on Saturday mornings and she is having a great time with it. They are going to put on a showcase at the end and act out stories from the Frog and Toad series. Evie informed me she will be the Field Mouse. I look forward to watching her first performance.
I am Evie's Sunday School teacher now and our lesson yesterday was about being the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Evie was the only kid there, but we did our lesson anyway. We sang "This Little Light of Mine" and I did with her what my mom used to do with me: add verses of where and for whom to shine the light. For example, we sang, "Shine all over Tennessee, I'm gonna let it shine." I was asking Evie where else we can let our lights shine and she named a few place and then said, "Gram's house". Since she hasn't been to Gram's house since 2015, I wasn't sure that she really meant Gram's - maybe she meant Granna's or Grandma Jeanne's. So I asked her, which one is Gram's house? She said, "You know,... the one with the cows?" So yes, she really did remember Gram's house. I was amazed by that.
I've talked politics in front of Evie and she knows my feelings on our new president. I was talking with my family about one of the things I disagree with him about, and my family was in agreement, and Evie piped in with how our new president should be nicer. My aunt Kathy said, "You're right." I said, "You should go talk to him." Evie said, "I should?" I said, "Yeah, maybe he'd listen to you because you're so cute." She said, "But he does not like cute." I thought that was pretty funny.


No comments:
Post a Comment