Monday, November 7, 2016

God and Donald Trumpet

Let me start off with a language funny:

Yesterday, Evie says, "Mama, next Halloween, I want to be a Mama.  And you can wrap me up with toilet paper."  It took me a minute to realize she meant a mummy.

One day this week, before we went to school, Evie said, "Mama, I believe God is in the burning bushes.  And we will speak to him and he will say, take off your shoes and your sandals, because we are on holy ground."  She's definitely getting something from her Sunday School class and I am so glad!  Ms. Sarah, her teacher, does a great job.  They tell stories and sing songs.  One that they've been singing lately is "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands".

She asked me on the way to church yesterday where God is and I told her he is everywhere.  She said, "Even in this car?" and I said yes.  She asked, "How come we can't see him?"  And I said, because he's in our hearts.  She thought for a minute and said, "In Ms. Sarah's room, he just have hands,  so that is maybe why he doesn't talk" (alluding to the song they sing).

I thought I had written about this before, but I've looked back through the blog and can't find it.  At least a year ago when we were on the way to the home of some church members, we passed a water tower.  Evie pointed to it and said, "That's where I was born, in that white balloon."  She went on to say that there were other babies with her waiting to be born.  It was kinda creepy.  Ever since, when we visit that couple's home, she mentions it.  We went this weekend to Ivy's birthday party and driving away from it in the darkness, you could kind of see the outline of a water tower in the distance.  She says, "Mama!  That's where I was born!"  She's consistent for sure.  It makes me wonder what she could possibly be remembering...

I talked to Evie for the first time today about the election.  I showed her a video of one of the debates and when she saw Donald Trump talking over Hillary Clinton, she said, "Why he is stacking his words on top of her words?"  Then later, she said, "Why Donald Trumpet say bad things?", meaning interrupting Clinton.  It is interesting how even children are able to pick up on bullying (not to get too political here).

No comments:

Post a Comment