Checking out Tom III
Mini cheerleader by the blue helmet
Modeling her hair bow
You can tell she's really adored by these two.
Language funnies:
- Looking at some fake sugar packets that were alternated pink, yellow, pink, yellow, Evie says, "Look! It makes a patt-ren!"
- I turned on Elvis Presley singing "Puppet on a String" while getting her ready for bed one night. She says, "Awwww, I wish I could marry him
Astounding memory moment of the week: we were talking about making jack-o-lanterns and she reminded me that last year a squirrel ate her pumpkin. Last YEAR!
We went to IHOP yesterday and sat in a 2-seater booth, so by necessity Evie had to be independent, across from me. As we were getting up to leave, the couple that was sitting behind her complimented both of us on Evie's behavior, remarking how good she was at holding a conversation and how nice it was to sit next to a child who didn't climb all over the place and scream. We go to restaurants about once a week and teaching her appropriate behavior in a variety if places is something that's very important to me. I think many people would say I am too strict, but I feel like part of my parenting responsibility is teaching my child how to behave in different settings, so I was glad to receive some positive feedback.
She's been fascinated lately with why people smoke. We talked about it after she saw someone smoking and I explained what smoking is and what it does to your body. She immediately put together connections about villains in some movies (like Cruella deVille) smoking, and she'll bring it up fairly often. She also recently learned that when Seth and I lived in California someone stole our car. She's puzzled by this and is trying to figure out why someone would do this. This week, she said, "Why somebody stole your car?" "I don't know, baby, they probably just wanted to take it out for fun." "Maybe they smoke cigarettes." And then she sang a song that included lyrics of "The guy who's smoking never wins, the girl who's smoking never, ever wins."
This week out of the blue, she said to my Dad, "I wonder what ChuuChu is doing." Dad asked if she meant what ChuuChu is doing in heaven, and Evie said, "Yeah.... maybe she's pooping." Dad said, "May be..."




No comments:
Post a Comment