Evie never ceased to amaze me with how quickly she picks up on using technology. I know kids her age are practically covered up with technology, but it's truly incredible to me how effortlessly they are able to figure out going from one gadget to the next. She knows how to navigate the kindle at my mom's house, the iPad at our house, and our Mac laptops. Here she and Seth are looking for funny pictures of giraffes.
I prefer my time with her to involve cuddling on the couch.
One night this week, we got Addie and Will on Face Time and the kids gave each other virtual tours of their bedrooms and showed off all their stuffed animals. It was so adorable.
Last night we had an ice cream social at church where Evie ate about 2 bowls of ice cream, one cupcake, 3 Oreos and a couple of other types of cookies. Then she worked it off by running around outside with the other church kids and playing croquet with me and Seth. But last night... She had such a rough night. I don't know if it was the sugar, the excitement, or just some fluke but she didn't get to sleep until midnight. We haven't had one of those nights in a long time. I told Evie she could try counting sheep and explained the premise to her. I walked out of the room and about 10 minutes later heard, "Baaa.... baaa..... baaa.... baaa.........mooooooooo, mooooooo, mooooooo....... quack, quack, quack." I guess sheep weren't enough to do the trick.
Evie's answer this week to the question of what she wants to be when she grows up was, "A mama. Like you." She knows the way to my heart. She also cracked me up when she went to my Dad and put her hand on his throat and said, "Let me feel you swallow." My clinic placement this semester is with cancer patients and I see mostly dysphagia, so I've been palpating Evie's swallow often to check out the difference between adults and kids. I love that she's into it too.



No comments:
Post a Comment