Even though Evie's speech and language is getting more advanced, Evie still comes out with a few doozies that make me laugh. A couple of nights ago, we were rocking after I had read her a book and she says to me in a sweet voice, "Mama, you're so sweet and difficult." I smiled and asked, "Sweet and difficult?" "Uh-huh." "What does difficult mean, Evie?" "It means you're beautiful."
I was gone to New York this weekend which was a nice little get-away. I visited my good friend Annalisa and had a weekend to sleep in, eat the entirety of what was on my plate without having to share, and have some quality, uninterrupted adult conversation. But it's funny how even when you're away from your kid, you still think about them all day. Annalisa and I even talked about the potential of a trip for the 3 of us to come visit her in October next year, about what things in NYC Evie would be old enough for and interested in. We came up with a good list and hopefully we'll be able to make it happen.
When I got back in last night, we went to dinner and enjoyed being reunited.

No comments:
Post a Comment