Yesterday she was adorable when Seth (who is finally home!) and I took her to breakfast at a place that has a tiger statue nearby. She wanted Daddy to save her from the tiger.
And equally adorable when pushing her tiny shopping cart around in Knowledge Tree where we bought her some books and supplies for preschool which starts in August.
Wait, did I say preschool?! Yes, I did, and that's just crazy! Can she really be ready for preschool already? But she's still toddler in many ways, like how she still enjoys having me feed her food with airplane sounds. Though lately it's been duck sounds and when she takes the bite, I have to say, "Oh no! You ate the Daddy Duck!" Or the Mama Duck, or the Baby Duck, or Donald Duck, or sometimes some other animal. She especially likes to claim that I am feeding her George, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Aimee's cat, and when I say, "Oh no! You ate George!", she prefers that I follow it up with, "Better call Addie and Will and tell them you ate George!"
Some language funnies from this week:
- passing a piece of sidewalk chalk at school, "Look, Mama! Chalk-olate!"
- getting into the car with the sun in her eyes, "Mama! Sun in my eyes, turn on the air conditioning!" I think we're still a little confused about what air conditioning does.
- Going outside for school one day, she starts roaming around the front of the house clapping her hands. I ask her what she's doing. She says, "Looking for snipes." The hand clapping snipe hunt move comes from the movie "Up" which we've been watching lately.
- Kathy reported that when she watched Evie for us on Friday evening, Evie didn't eat a lot for dinner. She got in bed and a few minutes later, Evie calls out, "Kathy! I ready for breakfast!"
- Today driving to church, Evie asks me how we're going to get to church. I'm on the interstate and I tell her we're going to take the next exit. "Exit?" she asks. "Yes. Here I go, I'm taking the exit. See? I took the exit." She says, "In your hand?" Then a second later, "I take an exit too, now I have two. Oh, they don't match. Throw that one away!"
- At church during the passing of the peace, she says, "We're peacing!"


No comments:
Post a Comment