Sunday, October 12, 2014

Figuring It Out

I love how Evie's curiosity is developing.  She is getting interested in how things fit together, work together, and the contents of things.  The other morning, I was having a glass of milk.  Evie drinks milk too, but hers is always in a cup that has some color to it - pink, blue, green - and it never occurred to me that she might think of that color as being the actual color of the milk she is drinking, because she's never said as much.  But she noticed that my milk looked white and she said, "Evie want white milk too!"  I said, "What color is your milk?"  She said, "Pink.  Evie want white milk."  I said, "You have white milk."  She looked at me curiously, and I said, "Do you want to see inside your cup?"  "Uh huh!"  So we opened the top and she declared, "White milk!"  Then she wanted to see the contents of her cup over and over.  She was so surprised and excited and I think it sparked a new level of cognition for her because since then she's been very interested in knowing what's inside of other things.

She still loves helping me in the kitchen.  On Wednesday she helped me make chicken parmigiana by stirring all the dry ingredients for the coating together.  She is so proud of herself when she gets to help and do something by herself.


She still enjoys playing with her dolls at Granna and Grannadaddy's house, but she has been trying to climb into the tiny toy pack-n-play with the dolls and she gets stuck because it's very small.  So Granna made a big bed out of the box from the slide so that Evie could go to sleep with the dolls.  Because Granna is magic.  Evie loved it!



Granna was very nice and tucked Evie in with all her dolls several times upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment