Miss Adorable:
She really is so adorable! This picture is from Monday when it was really sunny outside. Whenever we're in the car and the sun gets in her eyes, she turns her head and says, "Eye!" So we got these sunglasses and she was so enthralled she insisted on wearing her "gasses" in the store. This was her first time to sit in one of these kinds of carts too, so that made for a fun trip to Publix.
Evie's week has been pretty typical. School, playtime at home, lots of Lady and the Tramp. We're probably getting too lax about letting her watch TV, but she LOVES that movie...
Something I've noticed over the past few weeks is how Evie is transitioning from naming animals by the sounds to using the actual word. I think I first noticed it when she started saying "duck" instead of "quack quack" and she's slowly acquired bear (formerly known as rar), kitty (mao), cow (moo), and lots of other farm and zoo animal names. Up until this morning, she was hanging on to "baa" for sheep, which I LOVED, and then we read a story today with sheep in it and she called it a sheep. It was a bittersweet moment. I'm glad she's acquiring words... I just love baa. And she is always so excited when she says, "Baa!"
I'm pretty sure Evie's going through a growth spurt right now. She has been sleeping a lot and late, and yesterday she was an eating machine. She ate two bowls of yogurt for breakfast, all of the food they offered her at daycare: cereal bar, Salisbury steak, potatoes, pineapple, mac & cheese, watermelon, and goldfish. When she got home she ate more goldfish, a Babybel cheese, a chicken leg, baked beans, bread, and then right before bed she asked me for a bowl of oatmeal. Not to mention all the milk she drinks. Her daycare teacher, Miss Kedren, remarked today how tall she is getting, which is something I've noticed too. She stood up in the bathtub yesterday (against my advice) and I just realized how tall she is all of a sudden. Of course, she's only a few weeks away from being 2, and they do say that you can double the height of the child at two to project how tall he/she will be as an adult, so maybe she's just trying to get it all in before her birthday. I'm 5'8" and Seth is 6'2" so if she's halfway between us (like I am with my parents) then she'll be 5'11". Seth's got some VERY tall people on his side. Grampa Mayne was 6'4" and Abba was 6'5", and Grammy is 5'10" or 11", I think, so I suspect Evie will be on the tall side. The last time she was measured was at her 18 month check up and she was 32.25 inches, which, if doubled, would already put her at 5'4", so I think she's going to be a tall girl. Her 2 year check up is on June 10th, so I'm excited to see what she measures in then.
She's also finally breaking her bottom 2-year molars. I say finally not because she's behind for the norm, but because she teethed so early as an infant that I expected her to have those molars breaking in by around 18 months.
It's so hard to believe that she's almost two. I find myself enjoying her more and more every day. I love that we can really communicate now, she can tell me what she wants, she asks for me, and she's got quite a sense of humor. I love that she will do something that she thinks is funny and then look at you to see if you saw it. Then you can watch that sly smile creep across her face. I just love this kiddo!

No comments:
Post a Comment