This weekend we went to Memphis to see the family. Evie took lots of steps to and from family members. She enjoyed pitching some little toy animal ball shapes to Granna and Grannadaddy. And she was particularly taken with Tia's lab, Boston, who is significantly larger than any dog she's probably ever seen. Every time Boston would pass by, Evie's eyes would flutter as though she just couldn't believe the enormity of the creature. She had a good time with Tia, who, typical Tia fashion, quickly won Evie's admiration. Tia and Evie went up and down the stairs, practiced walking, danced a little - what's not to love about Tia time?! I can't believe I didn't think to get a picture...
I did manage to snap a shot of Evie with Grandma Jeanne, though:
Another precious moment from this week was just yesterday when I brought her home from daycare. We let the dogs out, per usual, and she was determined to chat with them and break through the glass. (She didn't actually hit it as hard as it sounds in the video).
And here she is, playing in my office while I finished up something for work.
I'm happy to report that the teachers at daycare have now stated that it seems that Evie is offering kisses more often than bites. So there! Not that I'm saying she hasn't actually bitten anyone, but at least they are able to tell the difference now. She's typically a very sweet-natured kid, so it was just surprising to me to hear about all the supposed attempts at biting.
One more thing I want to share, in case I forget about this cute stage: Evie LOVES her seahorse that she goes to sleep with at night. It's like a glowworm, but it's a seahorse shape. When I go in in the mornings to get her out of bed, she'll give me a little hug and then turn around and almost leap out of my arms to lean down and get her seahorse. Of course, she can't reach it so I have to get it for her. I hand it to her and she gets a great big grin on her face and then holds it up so that it's touching her cheek. So cute.




No comments:
Post a Comment