Monday, May 6, 2013

11 Months Old

Evie is 11 months old today.  She had an eventful day yesterday, traveling with me to Oregon.  Sadly, Grampa Mayne passed away on Friday, May 3rd.  Seth had already been in Oregon for a few days before it happened so he was able to be there to see him before he passed.  Evie and I flew up yesterday to Portland.  It was quite an adventure, traveling with a baby by myself.  Not something I think I'll be doing again, if I can help it.  I ran into several things with the stroller/carseat/diaper bag combo I had going, dumped out half of the contents of my Quizno's sandwich while trying to feed Evie during our 1 hour layover, and spilled a good portion of my Sprite on the chair I was sitting in trying to keep Evie from sticking her hands into her corn.

Then there was the whole baby-in-lap on a plane thing...  Fortunately she slept most of the first flight and about 2 hours of the second flight, after fussing for about an hour.  The guy next to us on the second flight was traveling with his wife and their five year-old and 4 month-old, so at least he understood.

But anyway...

Evie, at 11 months old, is getting closer and closer to walking.  She says "mama" quite a lot, and has started yelling at things as though she wants to have a conversation with them.  She is enjoying being here in Oregon with Gram.



We'll be here for a while, so I guess we'll see how she does being out of her element for two full weeks.  She's a busy girl and needs lots of things to interest her, so we went to Goodwill today to find some new toys.  Hopefully they'll last her a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment