She is now quick to interact with us and seeks out attention and entertainment. This little girl does not like to be bored. She also seeks out snuggles now, which is so sweet. Fortunately this weekend, she met one of my best friends since junior high, Rachel, who assisted in the entertaining and snuggling.
Evie and Rachel
And I think there are some good times with the Exersaucer coming our way:
She gave me one of those heart-warming, tear-jerking moments of motherhood two nights ago. I'd just put her to bed and was reading my book by cellphone so we could keep the room dark. Evie let out a little cry, which I ignored, hoping she'd go back to sleep on her own. The cry came again, and then again, more agitated. I fumbled around her bassinet for her paci in the dark and it was taking me longer than I wanted. I brushed the top of her head with my fingertips to give her a reassuring touch and she reached for and grabbed my pinky with her right hand and my thumb with her left and stopped crying. She just held on to them and went to sleep as I stroked her cheek. It brings tears to my eyes now just recalling it. These are exactly the moments of motherhood that I was looking forward to, and they're even better than I could have imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment