Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Ballet and Lydia

This week the cast list for The Nutcracker was announced and Evie learned that she will be the understudy for Little Clara.  This is sitting just fine with her because she said she is happy to attend the rehearsals and learn the moves, but glad she won’t have the pressure of performing.  The other Level 3 girl, Hazel, is 2 years older than Evie and is playing Little Clara, and Evie couldn’t be happier for her, so that makes me glad – I wanted her to be okay with however that situation went and I’m so glad she was just fine with being the understudy.  She will also be one of the two Leads in the Russian dance this year, so that will be fun to watch, in addition to her role as a Party Girl and a Soldier.  Level 3 is a busy year!  

This Saturday, they had costume fittings, so it was fun to get a preview of her whole group of girls.  They are a sweet bunch.





Later Saturday evening we went to the church to set up for Rally Day and Pancake breakfast, with proceeds going to the youth fund for summer camp.  Evie kept Nathaniel and Lydia entertained while Cristaldawn, Matthew, and I decorated and prepped, and then we all went out to eat.  I was craving steak so we went to a steakhouse and Evie, who is still trying to commit to being a vegetarian whenever possible, had a moral dilemma of wanting to eat steak, but also wanting to stay vegetarian.  She finally chose the side of eating meat.  In fact, she asked me if we could share the prime rib (she fell in love with prime rib when she had it the first time a few weekends ago) and she ate fully two-thirds of a 12 oz prime rib!  I told her I knew she was part wolf.

While we were waiting to get seated at the restaurant, she was super sweet with Lydia.  I love how Lydia views Evie like an older sister.  The only problem with this is that it creates some friction between the girls and Nathaniel, who gets treated like a middle sibling when they are together.  Hopefully this will get better as they all mature.




No comments:

Post a Comment