- Looking at the different brands of canned tuna fish at the grocery store, Evie picks up the Chicken of the Sea can, which features a mermaid on it. She says, "It's made of mermaids? I don't want to eat mermaids...."
- She was putting her cereal bowl in the sink after breakfast one morning and accidentally spilled some of it so that milk ran down the side of the counter. Edgar had been under foot but quickly took off once he heard the commotion. Evie said, "Edgar ran so fast! I guess he didn't want to be milked."
- After school on Wednesday, Evie said, "You know, I hadn't seen Mr. Marcus in a long time." This was one of her classroom teaching assistants last year. I said, "You haven't seen him in almost a year. What made you think of him?" She said, "I just noticed him in my mind."
Thursday, we went to Sasha's house for a little playdate and dinner. The girls had a great time together, as usual. This time they dressed up as Elsa and Anna, took pictures of each other on Sasha's play digital camera, and picked flower bouquets for us mamas.
Saturday, Evie had her 2 theatre classes and then we ran some errands before going home. Saturday evening we had potluck dinner at church where Evie spent most of the time playing in the nursery with Nathaniel. Yesterday was Palm Sunday and Evie enjoyed leading the pack of kids during the processional, waving palm branches as they went. Then the kids sang 5 different songs for us. I hadn't practiced with Evie very much so I thought she did very well considering how little rehearsal time she had.
She didn't sleep very well this weekend, so I gave her a bath early last night and she was asleep by 7:30 pm and woke up at 7:00 am today, so I guess she needed that rest! Hopefully she'll manage to get better sleep because this is a busy week! We'll be out tonight for PW, then Thursday through Sunday at the church for Holy Week.
She's already counting down the days until she gets to see her cousins and she wants them to spend the night at our house. I told her that probably wouldn't happen since they are getting in very late Friday night and only staying until Sunday morning, but I told her they could play together all day Saturday. She lunged at me and wrapped her arms around my neck and said, "You're the best, Mama!" I got such a sweetheart of a daughter.



No comments:
Post a Comment