It's been a busy week, of course - all weeks this time of year are busy! Evie and I both had our last days of school on Friday, so we are on break (though I'm still working my full-time SOP writing job).
Evie's having a bit of trouble getting used to her new bed, so I've found her like this some mornings, sleeping on her toddler mattress that we keep under her bed:
She enjoyed looking at and smelling the poinsettias that are decorating the church from now until Christmastide is over:
And yesterday at lunch, she was so worn out that she fell asleep in my lap at the restaurant, which happens so rarely now and makes me really happy when she does.
Evie was humming a song while we were in the car one day and she asked if the song she was singing was "from Harry Poppins." Seth said, "Yeah. That's the story about the boy with the umbrella shaped scar on his forehead." (A crossover of Mary Poppins and Harry Potter.)
I love moments when you can hear Seth or me in Evie's dialogue. The other day she was counting and she said, "27, 28, 29, 100!" Seth said, "Didn't you skip a few numbers?" She said, "No. I needed to count to 100, so I did." That's so something Seth would say.
The other day she was asking about the female reindeer in the Rudolph story and she said, "You know, Celeste? Celeste Rudolph?" like Rudolph was her last name. It reminds me of the story about me where I would walk around with a towel over my head and say, "Look, I'm Mary Joseph."
Since Evie's having trouble adjusting to her new bed, I have been staying with her until she falls asleep a couple of times. I don't want to have her be in the habit of needing me to lie there for her to go to sleep, but I do enjoy being there, snuggling, and holding her until she falls asleep. We don't rock much anymore since we got the new bed, so this snuggling is nice.



No comments:
Post a Comment