This week, Evie has informed me that she knows who she is going to marry. A boy named Desmond at her school seems to have swept her off her feet. Though, she has also been talking about another boy whose name I haven't been able to decipher, as evidenced by this video:
According to Mr. Stewart, the art teacher and lead counselor for the summer, the other kid's name is Douglas. When I informed Mr. Stewart that Evie appears to have a couple of suitors, he advised that she should choose Douglas over Desmond. We'll see.
We went to Atlanta this weekend, leaving Thursday afternoon and arriving around 1 am Friday morning. We got to hang out with my aunt Kristy's family, which we all enjoyed. Evie and Lydia had a good time playing in Lydia's room, and we all went swimming Friday before Seth and I went to go see a concert in downtown Atlanta. Evie attempted to sleep in Lydia's room with her, but couldn't quite get comfortable so Kristy helped her move to our room where she slept soundly through our return at 2 am Saturday morning after seeing The Cure. Saturday we crashed a birthday party for one of Lydia's friends. Evie made her first attempt at roller skating and was not a fan, but she did at least try. She certainly enjoyed the cake as a consolation.
Trying to skate, with the help of the "walkers", PVC pipes on wheels
CAKE!
Saturday evening we went to dinner and Evie rode with Kristy and family instead of us. I'm thrilled that she was comfortable enough to ride with them, and glad that her trepidation about Zach seems to have disappeared. She enjoys him so much.
Hugs in the parking lot waiting for a table
Sunday morning before we headed out
It was a nice trip, one that I hope we can make more often. We love seeing our cousins, aunt, and uncle!






No comments:
Post a Comment