Friday, December 5, 2014

I Sorry, Mama.

To be honest, this week hasn't been too great so far.  Seth and I both have exams, my boss left our company so things have gotten really busy at work (great timing), and there's just a lot of stress and tension in the house.  I hate that we still have boxes around and cans of paint and stain - all these unfinished projects that we just won't have time for until January.  While we are learning a lot in school and we are both enjoying it, and while I still enjoy my job and have received many notes of praise there lately, I can't wait until this semester is over and I can stop balancing so many things at once for a few weeks and take some vacation time.  This week, the brightest spot has been when Evie has made me laugh.

The other day I was driving her to school and she was chattering to herself in the backseat.  I interrupted her and said, "What're you talking about?"  She said, "Stop please, Mama, Evie have talking."  At least she was polite.

At breakfast one morning, her cup was making this funny noise when she was drinking.  It was this high pitched mewing type of sound and when she stopped drinking, she said, "Evie have kitty cat milk!"

Monday I went to the doctor and got a flu shot and I forgot to take the band-aid off my arm before I went to bed.  Evie woke up around 4 am and wanted to go potty so I took her.  When she finished I gave her a hug and she started rubbing my arm and felt the band-aid.  She pulled back and said, "What's that, Mama?"
"It's a band-aid."
"Mama have a little boo-boo?"
"Mmhmm, just a little boo-boo."
Then Evie gave me a huge hug and said, "I sorry, Mama."

I am really sad that tonight Evie had her first big fall and injury.  She was leaning over the arm of the couch and tumbled off, face forward.  She was able to get her hand between her mouth and face before she hit the floor, but she did land on the hardwood and her teeth cut her lip.  Seth scooped her up off the floor where she was lying, stunned, and she had quite a bit of blood coming out of her mouth.  I was concerned Seth would pass out (he doesn't handle blood well - and neither do I but this wasn't too bad) so I got her from him and took her to the bathroom and rinsed her mouth out and determined that it wasn't as bad as it looked.  Just a fat lip, no broken teeth or anything that would need stitches  We got her some ibuprofen, held a cold washcloth to her lip, and gave her some milk and lots of hugs, but I am hoping that she will have learned from the incident to be a little more careful.  The rest of the evening she was saying, "Evie fall down."  "Evie have a hurt lip."  I'm hoping it'll be okay in the morning and won't hurt for too long.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you fell down, Evie. Granna is very glad you didn't hurt your teeth or break any bones.
    My laugh from you this week was when you told me "last one" when I gave you a second helping of "ice" which is ice cream to you. It was funny that you knew this was something that yiu would not get too much of.

    ReplyDelete