Evie seemed to be a whole lot better that day, much more chipper and like herself, so I took her to the park to run off some energy. She had been in the house almost 100% of the time since she came home from daycare on Tuesday afternoon so I knew she needed some time to run free. She spent some time on the slide and then discovered a path that went all the way around the park, so she took off at full speed on that path and walked almost all the way around. I had to stop her because there were some dogs running loose. She was not thrilled about that.
Fortunately we were able to go to another side of the park and play on the benches.
Evie's gotten very good around Peanut and around our dogs. She is back to being enthralled with ChuuChu. If the dogs are out in the living room, Evie will make ChuuChu follow her from one side of the house to the other and she'll stop and look at Chuu at make a kissy noise if Chuu's taking a break. I love watching them together.
On Tuesday Evie was sitting in my lap when I noticed that her hair around her ears was all matted. I thought she'd just gotten yogurt or pasta sauce in it, but then I quickly realized that it was actually pus from an ear infection. This is the first one she's had since she had tubes put in four months ago and her ears never drained then so it was a new experience for me to see that much crud in my kid's ears. Bleh. I cleaned her ears out and started her on the antibiotic drops the ENT sent us home with. Evie's not a big fan of those, but I always warm them up in my hands for a few minutes before I put them in and that goes over better. Plus, after she gets hers, I put the cap back on and let her pretend to put some in my ears. We count to three for each ear and she has the slyest grin afterwards.
I have to admit that I've been a little emotional this week. For one thing, I was so ready to have a weekend with Evie and Seth after my 3 days of not seeing them much last week. When I put her to bed on Saturday (the first time I put her to bed in 3 nights and I usually do it every night) I started crying when she snuggled up to me to sing and started giving me kisses. Oh, she is the sweetest thing. Another reason I'm a little emotional is that starting tomorrow, Evie will be spending the week with Granna and Grannadaddy so that Seth and I can have a kid-free vacation. Part of me feels guilty about going to California without her. I know her California family would really like to see her, and I am going to miss her a lot while we're there. But at the same time, Seth and I very rarely get to be together and kid-free, and we haven't gone on a vacation just us since she was born. And my goodness, have you flown with a toddler lately?! It's a lot of work, especially when you have a layover. Eeesh!
Anyway, in preparation for Evie's week in Memphis, I have had to do things like create and sign a medical authorization form and a will. And really it was doing the will that was kind of hard to think about. I know it's good to have in place, but I hope there's no need for anyone else to ever have to get custody of Evie. But just so we're all 100% clear, custody goes to Granna and Grannadaddy. Funny thing is, they are the back-up guardians for quite a few kids so those of us in the family who have named them guardians are not allowed to travel together. Mom and Dad would end up with 6 kids if something happened!
Fortunately, the upcoming week will be nothing but fun for all of us and we'll all be together again on Friday. Next week maybe Granna will be able to write something for the blog to chronicle how Evie's week in Memphis went.




No comments:
Post a Comment