As you see in the video, she is definitely taken with the dogs. They've spent a lot more time together this week, and ChuuChu is Evie's favorite. Evie enjoys petting ChuuChu, feeding her cheerios and apples, and will call her name. She also acknowledges Edgar and Herbie, but Chuu is definitely getting the most attention, possibly because she's the smallest and softest.
New words for Evie this week: apple, bowl, hat, diaper, poo poo, and wipe. She's starting developing an awareness of things related to the potty and will even bring you a diaper and tell you "poo poo" when she's up for being changed. However, half the time there is no reason to change her and another part of the time it's just wet, so we're not quite there with the communication of changing needs. I'm still thinking we'll wait until she's two before we start attempting any kind of potty training, but it's nice to know she has some idea of the concept. She'll even pretend to change her baby doll, though the sweetest thing is when she kisses and hugs her doll and puts her doll to go night night.
Speaking of going night night... So, Sunday during the day I had some kind of stomach bug. It wasn't pretty and I was more or less nonfunctional the whole day and Seth took care of Evie. Monday Seth had the day off and I was feeling better so I took part of the day off and we went to see a movie and got some ice cream. Well, Seth is a little lactose intolerant and started feeling a little bad around dinner time, so he napped on the couch while I got dinner ready for me and Evie. Evie had been asking since 6:00 to go night night which I thought was ridiculous. She's given up her post-school nap for a month or so and usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30. So I figured I'd feed her dinner and put her to bed early at 7:00. She wasn't acting sick, but just rather insistent that it was time to go night night. So I scooped her up and got plates set for both of us and started feeding her. She was eating some beans and I thought she was just gagging on a bean skin when suddenly she threw up everything she'd had since going to daycare that morning. It was everywhere, poor kid. So obviously we ended dinner time, I got her cleaned up and put to bed, came back downstairs and threw her clothes in wash, cleaned the high chair seat and tray, the floor, and everything else. I'd just finished doing a load of dishes and brought Seth some Pepto when he threw up too - all over the living room rug. I guess the act of sitting up to take the medicine was enough to make his stomach lose it. Poor guy, he threw up a couple more times during the evening. I feel like I spent pretty much all of Sunday and Monday cleaning up someone's vomit. The glamorous life of a wife and mother, folks.
Fortunately, Evie only threw up once and seemed completely fine and happy in the morning, so I'm still not sure if she actually got the same bug Seth and I had or if she did just gag and that made her lose it. Either way, I feel like the moral of the story is that when your kid says "night night", she means it.
No comments:
Post a Comment