Unfortunately, Seth and I are also sick. With something else, obviously. But it's very hard to take care of a one year old when you yourself feel like you have the flu. We are helping each other as much as possible, but it's pretty much a bare-minimum operation around here right now. I stayed home from work Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday, and am working from home today and tomorrow, but I honestly just need a full day to lie in bed, stay dosed up on benadryl and sleep and sleep and sleep. Which, obviously, I can't do with a sick child and a sick husband. So we take turns.
My friend Rachel visited us over the weekend, fortunately before Seth and I started feeling too bad, though when she left on Sunday it was all I could do to get up off the couch and wave goodbye to her on my way to the bed. We had a pretty relaxing weekend and didn't do much outside of play with Evie and meet up with our friends April and Jason for dinner.
Evie did get a new toy from the use of a birthday gift: a tunnel. She loves crawling through it if she knows there's someone on the other end.
She has also learned this week how to bounce a ball away from herself and how to catch a ball. It's a very large, light ball, of course, but we play nonetheless. She enjoys looking through books and "reading" to herself, and then, there's dress-up:
So, pretty much, we have a really swell kid. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon. It's too much to handle, with her ear infection, plus her other three molars are coming in, plus she probably has a touch of whatever Seth and I have. I'm hoping we're all better by Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment